Thursday, September 3, 2009

Quote of the Week!

I did not hear this quote directly as it was aimed at Miss J, my mentor teacher, but it cracks me up nonetheless!

Now to give you a little background on Miss J, she was Mrs. E when I first met her, but she got divorced over the summer and went back to her maiden name, so she is now known as Miss J.

So, Miss J was talking to a 2nd-grader who was one of her students last year, and he said to her "I heard you got a horse and changed your name over the summer!"

She was confused for a moment and said, "Well, I changed my name, but I didn't get a horse!"

He said, "Yes you did! You told me you got a horse and changed your name!"

She finally realized she had told him she got a DIVORCE and he had been thinking she had said a HORSE!

We all had a good laugh about it in the Teachers Lounge at lunch and now we ask her every morning how her horse is doing :)

1 comment:

Mark and Wendy said...

Too, too funny!!!!
(You know, we should ask Kimberly if we could ride her horse...she's been awfully stingy about sharing it this past year)!